Donors making large contributions (£300 or more) may request that StandProud prioritize the rehabilitation of a single child and receive information about the child along with pictures and a letter.
A medical "sponsorship" will provide the following to the individual child:
- A pre-bracing stay at StandProud-sponsored rehabilitation home (anywhere from 3 days to 2 months) if necessary;
- Appropriate equipment and medical treatment (braces, and also for many, plaster casting, or surgery followed by plaster casting) in accordance with StandProud standards;
- A post-treatment stay (anywhere from 1 day to 9 months) at the rehabilitation home, for physical therapy and for learning to walk with the new equipment; and
- Three months´ "kick off" school fees (for school-age beneficiaries) promoting societal integration of disabled persons by "mainstreaming" the child at a regular, neighborhood school.
Typically, a donation of:
- £300 will cover the costs of a child who requires just two full-length leg braces
- £500 will cover the costs of a child who requires surgery and bracing for an ankle problem (including "club foot" and feet deformed as a result of paralysis)
- £600 will cover the costs of a child who requires surgery, bracing and rehabilitation for one badly damaged leg
- £1300 will cover the costs of a child who requires surgery, bracing and rehabilitation for two badly damaged legs (for a person who has not been able to stand or walk for many years and currently moves about only by crawling on all fours).
Become a Medical SponsorTo become a medical sponsor :
1) please click the 'donate online' button at the bottom of the page or follow this link. You will then be redirected to Just Giving. Just Giving is a secure payment site.
2) Simply donate the amount corresponding to the kind of sponsorship you would like to offer through the Just Giving site.
3) Send us a quick email to email@example.com stating that you have made a donation and detailing the kind of sponsorship you are offering, for example: 'I have donated £300 to cover the costs of a child who requires just two full-length leg braces'.
We will allocate you the next most urgent case on our beneficiary waiting list and send you an email detailing your sponsorship and requesting any further information we might need.
You can also sponsor a child as a gift on behalf of someone else. Simply include their name and address in your email and we will send them a thank you and sponsorship package.
If you would prefer to send us a cheque simply make it out to StandProud and send it to:
3 Wedmore Street
accompanied by a note detailing the sponsorship you are offering and with your contact information.
Medical sponsors: Please note that if you are interested in supporting the continuing education costs of the child for whom you are the Medical Sponsor, you can choose to become also his/her "Education Sponsor". Click here for more information about sponsoring a child's education.
NOTE ON GENDER / AGE PREFERENCES IN SPONSORSHIPS
Donors' gender and age preferences for a sponsored child, if such are specified, will be respected to the extent possible given the pool of candidate beneficiaries at the moment the donation arrives. Funds will, however, not be "held" until there is a gender/age match.
Please address any questions regarding the medical and education sponsorship programs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Restriction on "special gifts"
Since many StandProud beneficiaries are in frequent contact with each other, and since imbalances in assistance levels can cause hurt feelings, StandProud must keep benefits roughly equal. StandProud thus cannot accept to handle special gifts sponsors may wish to provide to a beneficiary, such as additional "pocket" money, clothes, toys, etc. For this same reason, in-person visits are also not encouraged. StandProud will, however, facilitate a supervised meeting of sponsor and child if informed sufficiently ahead of time and if all travel costs are covered by the sponsor.